The Bridge

 بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمٰنِ الرَّحِيْمِ

Hi and hello dearest!

My fifth semester has done, finally! Even if I'm at home, I could say that my life was much more peaceful when I'm having face to face classes. For goodness sake, the assignments keep coming as if I had no life aside from being a student. But whatever, it's semester break, so let me enjoy my little freedom before going back to battle for my next semester. 

So, currently I am currently having a marathon on a series on VIU called The Bridge. The Bridge is a Malaysian-Singaporean crime drama television series aired on HBO Asia, and starring Rebecca Lim and Bront Palarae. The series inspired by the Danish-Swedish series, Broen/Bron. 


source : Google

s u m m a r y   for   s e a s o n  1 :

It all started when a female corpse discovered on the border of Singapore and Malaysia, forcing investigators from both countries to solve the crime and probe the social issues. Bront Palarae represents Malaysia as semi-slob Detective Megat Jamil, who succeeds in endlessly annoying Singapore’s by-the-book Detective Serena Teo, uptight, work obsessed and played by Rebecca Lim. The 10-episode series is set to explore a crime mystery which involves 2 countries, 2 detectives, and a dead body.
...


source : hype.my

I am so in love with the character, especially Serena Teo who is rude, outspoken and sort of boyish. It was interesting to see her trying to understand Detective Megat, who's basically someone who used his emotions when dealing with things while her, a logical thinker. I was hooked to this series when I first saw the trailer but I am not sure why I don't watched this until the 2nd season came out. Let's blame on the numerous assignments and the personal projects 

😂 


source: Google

Here is the 2nd season poster and yeah, I am love the series even more 

🥺 

I even rant about this to a friend of mine through Whatsapp just because I was, kinda, ya know, humm mind blown. But please, the series might be interesting for me but I do not guarantee that they could impress you. So, different people, different taste.

s u m m a r y   for   s e a s o n   2  : 

A yacht registered in Singapore drifts ashore in Johor with a dead Indonesian family on board. Investigating the slew of serial killings that follow, the characters become mired in a web of treachery, deceit and personal tragedy.
....


source : Google

For the record, I freaking cry because I was not expecting a character to say goodbye.  

🥺 


source : asianmoviepulse


So, I'm gonna place my favorite quote from the series and I probably gonna use it well in my life, I think. 

... surprising what you can find you can live with. 


Enjoy watching!

Iylia 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Khilaf by de'bunga

UTeM First Semester

...