Grateful 2.0

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Hello lovely, 

How are you doing? I hope every single one of you is doing great.


G R A T E F U L;
Feeling or showing an appreciation for something done or received.

Grateful, a simple word but somehow for me have a thousand meanings behind it. 

I used to be an ungrateful child; wanting to show off what I've got and wanting something that is way to pricey for me to have it. I want to travel to some great places and stay in a luxurious hotel, eat those flipping fantastic food we saw on tv; you know, stuff like that.

I tend to get jealous with the rich kids and a lot of time I would think of "Why can't I have a life like him/her?" or "If only their money is mine, then I wouldn't have to ask for it ". Those kind of thoughts usually gonna lead me to be depressed and I would get moody for days. I don't even know why I felt like that.

I would stay in my room; ignoring other people (the family). I isolate myself from them just because I don't want to hurt them with the words that might came out from this sharp tongue. Silly me of wanting to have the stuff that ain't beneficial for me.

But Allah planning is beautiful and somehow, slowly it changed me.

When I was thirteen, I was accepted to this secondary school nearby; usually took about 15 minutes from home by car but I made a really big decision that time, that is to stay at the hostel. A really big step for me. Funny because I was beyond excited compared to others who rather stayed home.

There I met lots of people with different backgrounds, some I would considers as my own sisters just from different parents. 

And there this one girl; she's different from me. She's so cheerful and bubbly and kind and cute. We stayed in the same dorm; along with the other 22 girls (most of them are our seniors) and we were classmate for almost 3 years.

To cut thing short, I learned a lot of thing from her. She came from a poor family, lacking in almost everything except love.

She actually taught me on how to be grateful for every little thing in life. She said not everyone is lucky like us.


There's people who is struggling to just stay alive and wake up the next morning; to open their eyes and breath the same air as us but some of us just willing to stay in bed because they thought that sleeping is better.

So, here's a few ways for us to be grateful every day;

1. Say "الحمد الله " when waking up after your deep sleep.
This is a special way for us Muslim people. 

2. Write at least 3 things that you are grateful of.
Because sometimes we keep counting our flaws instead of our blessings.

3. Be happy with the little things around you.
Because sometimes, the little things aint't really little to some people.

4. Always look for the people who is lower than you
 There are people who is struggling to just get a meal for a day, just a meal. Us? How many time do we eat in a day?

5. Embrace your life and do work hard to be better each day :)


With love,
Iylia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Khilaf by de'bunga

...

I Posted My First Vlog on YouTube!